CS40 provides limited funding to groups putting on events that directly benefit residents of the South 40.
To submit a finance request to CS40, please do the following:
- Contact the Director of Finance as soon as possible even if you cannot complete the form below to ensure you secure a slot for your request.
- Complete the FinanceRequestForm2017-18 and submit it to the Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will get back to you within two business days in acknowledging your request with any potential comments and concerns. Please submit your request by Tuesday to have it heard at Finance Board the following Thursday.
- Meet with the Finance Board (meets Thursday).
If your Finance Request moves on:
- Present in front of Assembly (which meets Tuesdays at 9 pm in Mudd Multipurpose).
- Receive any money that Assembly votes to give to you.
Conditions for Making Finance Requests
- You may request up to $1000 one time during the year or up to $500 once each semester. (So, if you request $700 during the Fall Semester, you cannot request $300 during the Spring Semester. However, if you request $400 during the Fall Semester, you CAN request up to $500 during the Spring Semester.) Make your request at the very minimum two weeks before your event takes place. Remember you must meet both Monday and Tuesday to present your request, and you need adequate time to do so.
- Keep in mind that CS40 pays close attention to whether your event is truly need-based. If you represent a Student Union affiliated group, you must ask SU for money before making this finance request, or have substantial justification for not doing so. Also remember that even if we have funded you in the past, this does not guarantee that we will fund you again.
- The CS40 Dome must be placed on all your advertisements if CS40 funds your event. Under “Programming” we have a link to several different dome images.
- CS40 cannot fund alcohol.
- CS40 cannot fund spaces reserved on the 40 (Ursa’s, College Hall, etc.)
- CS40 cannot fund items that will be donated (supplies for things that will be made, e.g. cards, are allowed)
- CS40 cannot fund gifts
- CS40 money must be specifically used for what the money is allocated towards.
Please email the completed form to email@example.com.